I've got my kids home with me today the wife is grocery shopping it's a typical Sunday morning, I've had breakfast and I'm sitting here writing this blog to you horror fans while watching my two youngest kids play on the floor with My Little Pony toys scattered all over the floor.
The new script I'm working on is a story that comes from a local news story / scandal that I'm adding stuff to to make it a horror movie. I can't really say to much about it right now, however I can tell you it will be a fun slasher movie with a bit of a murder mystery mixed into it.
On a side note as I'm writing this blog I always wonder how long a blog should be, I could write about my ideas, movies, etc all day and night I have a passion for film and storytelling. I love the creative process that comes with screenwriting. I know every screenwriter is different but my process is this.
CREATING A SCRIPT / MOVIE FOR WICKED CARNIVAL PRODUCTIONS :
1. Create the characters / Create the killer.
2. Give the killer a back story (even if it's not revealed in the movie)
3. Create all the kills.
4. Create the world the story takes place in.
5. Start working on the outline of the story. (My least favorite part)
6. Complete the first draft of the script. (really rough draft)
7. Fine tune the story/script.
8. Write the second draft of the script.
9. Fine tune the second draft. (Almost done)
10. Write the third (final draft) of the script and turn it into my reader.
Like I said the creative process is different for everyone but this is how I do it and it works for me in a more or less stress free process. The end of the process is way more stressful then the beginning (for me anyway) I love the process from beginning to end because I know it will all be worth it in the end.
In closing I want to say if you have a dream CHASE IT ! You can accomplish ANYTHING if you believe it's possible! It took me 33 and a half years for me to figure out what I wanted to do with my life because I let people tell me "You can't be a screenwriter" and "You can't make a movie without going to film school" my response to that is always the same, I say "Tell that to Kevin Smith" (who is one of the many influences on me as a writer / director)
Don't let anyone tell you that you can't or you're not good enough because those that can do, those that can't will hold you down if you let them. DON'T LET THEM !!